Sunday 16 May 2010

A typical day

I woke up to the glory of a grey sky,
I read the table-side clock as my eye
stumbled on by.

Their focus swept in and out,
my weighty arms carried sticky palms
and my fingers grasped and flailed about.

I pulled the clock to see the time clearer,
surely my mind plays tricks.
I pulled my eyes nearer.

"Oh shit"
There was somewhere that I was supposed to be.
Or was there?
My mind is still so numb.

I rushed about,
my frantic brain raced,
I reached for the door,
doubts burst and flew on through.

Shower,
shave,
shoes and
there's something missing?

The keys weren't in my jacket,
they couldn't be found in baggy jeans
nor the table side draws.

I looked about the chairs and floors,
Ahh!
The table by the front door.

I stole the keys from their slumber,
they chimed as they flung.
I placed them to the lock and stopped.

I froze mid motion.
My doubting mind had realised;

"I didn't have anywhere to be this day."

-Joey

No comments:

Post a Comment