Saturday 15 May 2010

So where was I?

So here it is;

I've been busy.

Yup! Rather strangely I have been able to keep myself ticking over for the last couple of days and that is without much computer to inbetween. So things as they say could be a lot worse my end. Now I'm sure you are expecting a huge wall of text about what I've been up to, maybe I'd throw a few dry witted observations and musings in there too? Well perhaps. But that would take far too much time out of my hugely 'busy' schedule, so I give it to you in short hand instead:

So things have been going rather well, I've been off since Monday ...And yes it is taken holiday, there aren't any illnesses to be had my end. As you'd expect I spent the first few days with some really great ideas. I initially set out to get some recording done because well as you'd expect; I play instruments. I am rather partial to the drums and guitar but the recording was going to be guitar based.

I failed miserably.

Instead I managed to go through quite a considerable amount of alcohol and and port based wine. I basically sung karaoke and watched films, which to be honest was a rather enjoyable experience. I do not spend enough time dealing in simple pleasures such as those.

So come and roll on the weekend, it always begins with Friday they say. My brothers and my sister to be were coming over for the weekend. So lest to say, I had to clear up the shrine of my trials; countless bottles went into the recycling bin, pizza boxes and empty packets were disposed of without a passing thought. The house was spotless by the end, hands smelt of bleach.

Roll on Friday afternoon.

My brother (I have four by the way) brought over the guitar and amp, after greetings and a sit down there was an awkward obligatory silence. Broken by the word:

So...

We proceeded to the garage (where my drumkit is) and had a jam. I forget the songs we played, it kind of just turned into one big improv session of me hitting anything in my reach and him just playing some riff he wrote as he went along. We traded places and we did the same in opposite positions although (I reluctantly state) my guitar work left a lot to be desired, I just played punk riffs to cover up my lacking guitar skills.

The night was ended in the haze a numb mind, I drunk yet more beer and port. I probably sung karaoke for endless hours with my future sister. Although strangely I awoke with a clear mind in the glorious rays of a middays sun, I was well rested. I got me a chip butty and a coffee.

And all was right with the World.

Now I'm left with the rather blunt notion and a silent hope that tonight will end in an as favourable manner as last night. So all there is left to say is:

Bring it on!

-Joey

P.S I apologise for lying to you the reader. I had no intention of writing my activities in short hand/bullet point form I confess. But all the same you kept on reading, now that is dedication. I applaud you.

No comments:

Post a Comment