Wednesday 19 May 2010

My grandfathers clock

So my brother visited Northern Ireland a couple of weeks ago to see the Irish side of our family, he didn't come back empty handed. He brought back with him some old photo's of my old man and the same brother as a wee nipper.




But more more interesting was the pair of old pocket watches he had. They belonged to my grandfather and perhaps even my great grandfather, one of the watches dates back to 1893! It was very interesting holding this thing, it has such a nice weight to it, it's condition is impeccable, all it needed was some brasso and a wind up. It works like the day it was made.

So In slight awe of this piece of brilliant engineering I decided to do my own edit of the watch, a kind of ode to the past in a way. Please do comment on all aspects of the picture, thanks all!



-Joey


1 comment:

  1. Wow very interesting! I loved the story of the watch, you better take good care of it now..Good job :P

    ReplyDelete