Monday 26 July 2010

Silent words

There's something in the air,
muted electricity spins in the breeze.
Thinking fast, thoughts revolve,
time is lost
to the bitter-sweet workings of the mind.

Notions felt honest, it's true,
I saw something change in your gaze that night.
A rosier hue shines,
glistens, echoes through my mind.
But our smiles stutter in a silent conviction.
So why should it be so difficult to speak?
When all the words I need
are spinning thoughts waiting to be uttered.

I've written a thousand pages of thoughts for you,
they're all spoken through my face,
my expressions tell only truths;
Seems without needing to speak,
You've read them all.

So today words may seem hard to find,
but tomorrow;
I see its only shroud shine
in the excitement of something worth shouting about,
in someone worth living to hold.
I want reach out and grasp;
but for the time it would take me to reach
the World may have changed forever.

So let the World change,
Time can only bring me closer to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment